A topic really close to my heart; mental health awareness and how business owners can manage mental illness whilst running a business. It IS possible!
This is a really interesting conversation with Joe Roe, a Mental Wellness Coach, about how she manages her own mental health after 2 significant bipolar episodes. Joe is such an inspiration and has gone on to support others through her empowering coaching and support services.
** TRIGGER WARNING **
We discuss mental illness in depth in this interview, specifically bipolar and psychosis. Please take care of your own health and well-being and exercise caution when listening or watching https://calmpreneur.com/support/
Prefer to watch?
Watch this interview on YouTube
Here’s what we talk about in this interview:
- How Joe started her journey to becoming a Mental Wellness Coach
- Joe’s own story of mental illness and what led to her bipolar episodes
- What psychosis looked like for Joe
- Why business owners hide mental health issues
- The stigma and shame of mental illness
- Self-care and what that looks like for Joe
- Tips for people who have early warning signs of stress or anxiety (especially due to coronavirus)
- The importance of human connection
Have a ‘Vibe Tribe’ around to support you – trusted family and friends who can look out for you
Words of Wisdom
“Law of attraction…gratitude attitude…these are the things I do daily because they’re fundamental and are positive habits I’ve created…they’re part of who I am”
Links from this episode
- Joe’s website: http://joeroe.co.uk
- NHS mental health helplines: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/mental-health-helplines
Subscribe & Review
Be the first to know when new episodes are released >> Subscribe on iTunes
Reviews help us to reach more people in business who are looking for a calmer way of living and working, so please consider leaving us a short review – thank you so much!