Hands up if you’ve ever struggled with the Fear of Missing Out…but what if you could change your mindset and learn how to embrace the Joy Of Missing Out Instead?
Julia Davies AKA The Simplicity Strategist, is a coach on a mission to make business and life simpler. Today we’re talking all things JOMO and FOMO, the pressure to say yes and how we can start saying no more often to live a simpler, more joyful life.
There are a couple of small glitches in recording, apologies!
Prefer to watch?
Watch the full interview on YouTube
Here’s what we talk about in this interview
- The catalyst for Julia starting her business
- Setting boundaries
- Defining what FOMO and JOMO mean
- The FOMO effects of social media
- Re-framing JOMO
- Marketing ploys that trigger FOMO
- Being a people pleaser and saying yes to everything
- Tips for learning to say no more often
- How to embrace JOMO more in our lives
- You get to choose – you can set healthy boundaries and feel more confident in saying No.
- Rest is part of the work
Words of Wisdom
“If you’re really struggling with saying no to a certain person…or client..you can have a stock phrase that you use something like ‘oh that sounds like a really interesting opportunity – can I get back to you when I’ve checked my schedule?’….you’ve then got 24 hours space to get back to them.”
Julia’s book recommendation
Why we Sleep by Matthew Walker – https://amzn.to/3d7iHML
Links from this episode
- Julia’s website: https://juliadaviescoaching.com
- Follow Julia on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thesimplicitystrategist
Subscribe & review
Be the first to know when new episodes are released >> Subscribe on iTunes
Reviews help us to reach more people in business who are looking for a calmer way of living and working, so please consider leaving us a short review – thank you so much!